Dave Liquorice

Default Video signal from CCTV cameras??

On Sun, 02 May 2004 19:44:43 GMT, ITM wrote:

Each camera is linked to the junction box via a 4-core cable. Two of
these are for the power supply. The other two, I presumed, were
video and audio. I put some phono plugs on these two, and connected
them to the composite & audio inputs on my TV to check them out. The
signal appears to be almost non-existent...

Did you also pickup the Ov (ground) for the camera and connect it to
the shell of the phono or just the "video" wire to the pin?

In this case they are transmitting a signal over more than 40ft of
cable.

I wouldn't expect as much loss as you are reporting, loss of HF and
reduction in level maybe but not to hardly visible levels.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail