Dan Mills

BigWallop wrote:

A generator doesn't have to have an earth point to ground, and some
generators are more dangerous if they are fixed electrically to earth
ground. It does depend on the generator though, and the in-built safety
features it already has.

Cite please?

I don't think I have EVER seen a general purpose generator which did NOT
have either the star point OR the neutral end of the winding (if single
phase) tied to both the ground terminal and the case!

Sure you can argue that an IT system is safer (but only if it has a earth
fault detector) then a conventionally earthed system, but I don't think I
have ever seen it done on an event site.

For any normal event power generator, drive a local earth stake and bond all
the exposed metalwork to it (including the stage structure if appropriate)
and make sure you use RCDs in the distro.

Regards, Dan.