Set Square

MM wrote:

I am still awaiting the title deed for my brand-new property.
According to the Land Registry, which I contacted several weeks ago,
the title deed was forwarded to my solicitor in March.

What is the *official* name of this title deed? Does it have an
official form number? I want to give my solicitor a friendly reminder,
and it would have greater effect if I could quote a form number at
him.

MM

The document issued by the Land Registry when you are the outright owner is
called a Land Certificate.

If there is a mortgage on the property, it is probably then called a Charge
Certificate - and it will be held by your bank or building society until you
have paid off the loan in full. In this case, if the solicitor was also
acting for the lender, it would have been sent to him in that capacity - and
he will forward it to the lender, not to you.
--
Cheers,
Set Square