Ed Sirett

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:22:32 +0000, Lobster wrote:

nick smith wrote:
Looking to replace a gas cooker with a gas hob and electric cooker underneath.
There is the usual bayonet fitting on the wall and the gas hob above but I
think the regs now require a rigid fixing, unless someone tells me otherwise.
probably not a good idea to install a rubber hose above a cooker anyway, even
if one were available.
Questions a
1) What do the regs of today require ?.
2) What parts are needed ?
3) Can I utilise the bayonet fitting or does that have to be changed ?

All covered in detail in the excellent Gas fitting faq at:
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFitting.html

Thanks for the link, but the FAQ is not a comprehensive as I would like.
If it were detailed enough then it would likely have to incorporate most
of BS 6172.

If your level of competence is such that you are viewing the reuse of a
the flexible hose as 'more within your grasp' than installing rigid
pipework then, frankly, with all due respect you are not really up to the
job and should get some help in.