Andy Hall

On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:39:56 +0100, MM wrote:

I am still awaiting the title deed for my brand-new property.
According to the Land Registry, which I contacted several weeks ago,
the title deed was forwarded to my solicitor in March.

What is the *official* name of this title deed? Does it have an
official form number? I want to give my solicitor a friendly reminder,
and it would have greater effect if I could quote a form number at
him.

MM

I understand from a recent discussion on the subject with a solicitor
that the so-called "deeds" no longer have any legal significance and
that that is held by the Land Registry itself.

You can get an office copy from their web site for £2, which would be
considerably less than a solicitor would charge just for putting the
paper in the envelope and posting it.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl