Jim

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of getting a "Drill Guide" or "8inch Drill Stand" ($27 and
$40 by Craftsman) as a temporary substitute for a drill press. I know
they're not replacements, but space and money are both issues right
now. Has anyone used either of these products? Is one style better
than the other? Are there better brands available for a similar price?
I'm mostly interested in drilling right-angle holes (for dowels, shelf
hangers, etc.) but it'd be nice to use a spindle sander too.
Thanks

I bought something like that years ago. I could never get the whole thing
to work correctly. I finally sent it to the trash barrel.
I was using a Rockwell Unidrill with a Craftsman device.
Jim