Gunner

On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:21:08 +0200, Jon Haugsand
wrote:

*
Like a Judo point. Its used for small game shooting. When shooting at
low angles an arrow tends to slither along the ground and may wind up
in a different place/direction than when you last saw it.

The fingers catch on grass tufts and so forth, slowing it down very
quickly and in fact, may cause the arrow to pop upwards at the nock
end so its easily seen and retrieved.

When shooting a rabbit or small game, the fingers grab fur, guts,
tendons and internal organs and simply rip them out.
Death is usually instantaneous.

OK, I am a bit wiser, but still.... Are we talking about bow and
arrow hunting here? Or some sort of airborn harpoon? Or real (* gasp
*) guns?

Oh..bow and arrows. Arrows are generally shot from bows. Bolts from
crossbows, and so forth.

Though you can shoot arrows from a 12ga or 20ga shotgun. Remove the
shot from the shell, stuff an arrow down the barrel and chamber the
shell. Make sure the arrow is against the wad before firing. Wood
actually holds up better than aluminum arrows most of the time.

They fly really really fast, but tend to go in all directions. Too
fast for stabilization usually.

Or so they say........

Gunner

"Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming.
A cloud of testosterone makes a **** poor flack shield."
Offbreed