Dennis Peterson

Dean wrote:
According to the manual the model BD-920N has a 9/16" x 16 TPI leadscrew.
Usually though there is a metric/inch change gear, or on fancy machines just
a selector. I believe the magic gear is a 127 tooth gear (25.4*5 = 127 =
zero conversion error).
I have used Russian made all metric machines that cut beautiful inch pitch
threads, and vice versa. It doesn't really matter whether the lead screw is
inch or metric as long as the gear ratio is correct you can cut any pitch
you want. - where it matters is in the cross slide, if you have a metric
dial that sucks.

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message

My Grizzly G0516 is listed as having a 3/4"x10 tpi leadscrew but it is
20mm and 12 tpi. So much for the manual. I had to sort this out so I can
build a thread dial for it.

dp