Lee

John Stumbles wrote:
Lee wrote:

PTFE for gas is acceptable for pipework upto 2" and can be used on
pipework
upto 4" if checked with manufacturer on lower pressure gas (21mb).
We use it all the time on pipe upto 2" but then use hemp/paste on
larger diameter pipework.

I thought hemp & paste was now only permitted on long screws?

From what i have been told (before my time!!) it was ok to use, then
banned, now ok to use again, has been for a few years now i think.
Long screw.....sod that, use a union, much easier!! ;o)

Lee

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 12/05/2005
Tested on: 13/05/2005 16:58:55