Chris Bacon

tom patton wrote:
Bought a 2 killowat Challenge extreme from Argos this morning as long as it
lasts for this one job that will do me.

Perhaps it'll sort out the real mess you've made of this thread by
including the information you're replying to under your response,
instead of posting your response under the information you're
replying to. I've left the below just so that you can see what I mean.

Im opening the roof-again- tomorrow to set up pads bearing on my Kerto beams
for building my pyramid roof.
Timber comes on Monday.
Im struggling with a framing book just now trying to work out an "easy" way
to draw out rafter end profiles on the load bearing parapet- the peak is
taken care of by very ingenious adjustable Simpson truss hangers-only
drawback they come in boxes of 25 at £150 a box!!!-yup building non standard
is mind bendingly expensive!.
I will never sneer at box bungalows again!.
BigWallop" wrote in message
news
"tom patton" wrote in message
.uk...

I suppose the hot tar drips are quite unattractive especially on my bald
head.
Just a thought I could leave it in my sons bedroom he is always

borrowing

ours and burning it out.

Sounds like a great way to get rid of your son for a couple days.

Remember

to take flowers and grapes to the burns unit. For the nurses, not for the
son. :-)

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. co.uk...

"tom patton" wrote in message
. co.uk...

Hi all
Saw a hot air gun being used for torching on felt on Grand Designs.I

am

using the usual propane powered jet engine job to torch down over my

opened

roof -dodgy- with sawdust etc in the ceiling.
What type of hot air gun works--is it a tool hire job or will a B&Q

type

gun

do the job.

Any one at a rating of 1500 watts or above is ideal. Remember "not"

use

it as a hair dryer when the DIY is finished.