Grumps

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
In article , Grumps
writes
"Owain" wrote in message
Grumps wrote:
I like the bit "... we extend the lifetime up to 20.000 hours making
consumer products realistic."
I know he says twenty thousand hours in the wmv, but maybe they

really
meant
20.0 as per the text.

Philips are a Dutch company and along with many Europeans confuse the
decimal point and thousands separator.

Not wanting to get into a discussion about European and British (I know
we're European too) use of the decimal point and comma for number
separation, I just thought it was a bit of a cheek to say that they have
realistic consumer products with a lifespan of 20,000 hours. Whereas in
reality, a projector bulb (as per the OP) has a lifetime far, far shorter
than this.

It depends how you use it, and of course they quote the absolute max,
which would be leaving the thing turned on continuously.

So, do you think the 20,000 figure (whilst it may not apply to this
particular lamp) is a shelf-life or an operational life?