Edwin Spector

Ed Sirett wrote:

Some but not all solenoids can be exchanged.
Gas rate is maeasured as detailed in the gas fitting FAQ
The pilot is adjusted be the pilot adjusting screw on the multifunction
valve.

John, Ed, Geoff,

thanks for the helpful advice. I did find the solenoid advertised separately,
but it costs more expensive than the complete assembly. Best price was £34 from
keeptheheaton.com (.)

I may try swapping the solenoids first, so as not to disturb the gas integrity.
(You can probably tell I'm an elec eng).

Ed, particular thanks for the Gas Fitting FAQ - lots of useful stuff there.

Now I just need to find the rating of the boiler, to set the correct
pressure/flow rate. I'm not sure if it's visible on the (back) boiler. I didn't
get a manual when I bought the house.

Edwin.
------