Tim Mitchell

In article , Grumps
writes
"Owain" wrote in message
Grumps wrote:
I like the bit "... we extend the lifetime up to 20.000 hours making
consumer products realistic."
I know he says twenty thousand hours in the wmv, but maybe they really

meant
20.0 as per the text.

Philips are a Dutch company and along with many Europeans confuse the
decimal point and thousands separator.

Not wanting to get into a discussion about European and British (I know
we're European too) use of the decimal point and comma for number
separation, I just thought it was a bit of a cheek to say that they have
realistic consumer products with a lifespan of 20,000 hours. Whereas in
reality, a projector bulb (as per the OP) has a lifetime far, far shorter
than this.

It depends how you use it, and of course they quote the absolute max,
which would be leaving the thing turned on continuously.
--
Tim Mitchell