JANA

Remotes were not designed as serviceable. Sometimes they can be repaired for
basic problems.

With most remotes, remove the batteries, and look for screws inside. In some
remotes, there are screws under the stickers, or any rubber pads on the
bottom.

Most all remotes are also snap fit together. They can be very carefully
pried opened using a thin type of screwdriver. This method when necessary,
can easily cause side damage to the case of the remote.

If any liquid is spilled in to a remote, if it went on to the circuit board,
there is a chance that the remote will have to be replaced. You will need
the original remote, in order to access the menus and set-ups of your TV
set. This is for most all makes of TV sets. Your dealer should be able to
order a new remote for you. You can also call any authorized service centre
for your TV make and model, and order a new remote.

Just to not let you be surprised, you will find the cost of some of these
remotes to be fairly expensive.

--

JANA
_____

"Fred" wrote in message
. com...
This is not exactly an electronics question, but has anyone ever tried
to get inside a handheld TV remote control? My kid poured a juice box
on it, and now the buttons stick. :-) I had this problem with a
different remote a while ago, couldn't get it open that is, and ended up
prying it with a screwdriver and chewing up the sides. There are no
screws on this one. Is there a secret to getting these open?

thx , Freddy