Jack Hayes

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
I just got around to noticing a table for using the threading
indicator. The table
is the usual listing of indicator readings versus thread pitch.

However I just noticed that the thread pitch column is labeled TPI and
the threads
listed are all imperial threads.. I have reason to believe that the lead
screw is metric.

So my question is, where is the error? Is my lead screw wrong and I
should have
a Imperial or is the label wrong and no 9X20 was ever shipped with a
imperial
lead screw.

Confused
Bill K7NOM

I have one that is called a CT-918 it may be the same as your 920. My manual
provides tables to allow cutting of both imperial and metric threads by
making some gear changes. Metric threads are from 0.5 to 3 mm, inch are from
8 to 56 threads per inch. Do you have a manual and the change gears?

Jack