AlexW

Mike Dodd wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Whatever you decide to do get a diamond disk, much easier and better cut
than a 'stone cutting' disk.

I'll second that.

Tried with Indian Sandstone, normal stone cutting disks were impressive
- gave the impression that they were eating into the stone, only for me
to realise (once the dust settled) that they were, in fact, just eating
themselves away at a good rate of knots. Maybe I chose a cheap variety?,
they were a standard range from Screwfix?, but I bought a couple of
cheap-ish diamond blades at the same time. The diamond blades cut
through the stone like butter (well, maybe not quite, but compared to
the normal disks... you get the picture).

Thirded!

Don't forget, the wider the blade (abrasives are usually wider than
diamond) the better a "stone to dust convertor" the grinder will become.
This means more work for the grinder, more heat, as well as more dust.