AlexW

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
AlexW wrote:

I've used an el cheapo Plasplugs electric tile cutter on york stone.
Just take it slowly and don't run it continuously. No more than about
a 50% duty cycle.

How did you get the slabs onto is an manoeuvre? The mental picture I
have is a little confusing. The real yorkstone flagging I have been
involved with usually is a bit on the heavy side (and often 2+ inches
thick).

They were fairly small compared to some - I wanted a sort of rural look.
So rectangular but irregular sized slabs - the biggest perhaps 2 x 1.5 ft,
but many smaller. And up to about 2" thick.

I've got the larger Plasplugs cutter - Tradesman? - and had it solidly
mounted. Removed the guard, and simply gently cut to the depth of the
blade. Then a tap with a bolster broke them pretty neatly down the cut.

Ahh ... I get it now. Solves the lube/dust problem with a device
desinged to be used wet.

Cheers,

Alex.