Ed & Sue Beresnikow

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:
***Due to the graphic nature of the following, parental discretion is
advised***

I caught this carpenter bee digging a tunnel in my new shaving bench(horse)
I have setting on my front stoop. The ants are getting a free lunch.

http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/deadbeebig.jpg

Larry

Are you sure the target was your shaving bench? By coincidence just an
hour or two back there was I think a Discovery Channel program
discussing the mating lives or subsequent end of life for some bees.

....I didn't pay close enough attention to the type of bee but ...
apparently when a male wins the right to copulate with the queen the
final result is being stated that the the male's genitals literally
explode at the final moment leaving him falling dead to the ground,
looking sort of like your guest, and also leaves the queen somewhat
plugged until the remnants are removed from her genitalia. ... do I see
a smile on your specimen? :-)