doozer wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Martin Angove wrote:

Have you ever *seen* the light from a discharge lamp?

One would not forget it.

Just thinking. Do white LED's yet come anywhere close (even in an

array?)

no

I think the cheapest solution is short florescent tubes. I
could probably pack quite a few into a small area.

But how are you going to turn that into a high intensity point source?
Wrap in tin foil and poke a hole? I'm doubtful.

Another possibility
is just powering up the cheapest projector bulb money can buy.

I'd still try a halogen, of as much power as you can fit in there. Low
v, not 240v, rnu it off a transformer. Likely it will be a below par
sub, but a small low v 3000K filament might be runnable.

I haven't
really decided because until I know how to get the projector to come

on
without a bulb in place the whole things a bit moot.

Thats simple, dummy load. If youre lucky and the thing is unfussy
enough it might even run a filament bulb.

NT