doozer

Owain wrote:
doozer wrote:

Yeah I agree. We bought the PJ about 2.5 ago and I thought about
getting a spare bulb then but was put off because they were about 250
of my hard earned pounds, which I thought was quite a lot, and that
they would probably come down a bit. I am really kicking myself now
because they have done nothing but go up in price. Doh.

The projector manufacturer now has a captive market of owners who don't
want to shell out ££££ on a replacement projector and are now tied to
paying £££ for replacement lamps instead.

Also older model projectors are not going to be reviewed in magazines
etc, so nothing to draw attention to replacement lamp costs. I wouldn't
put it past some manufacturers to keep replacement lamp costs
artificially low for the first six months of a model's lifespan because
of this.

Owain

You are certainly coming through on FM there.

I'm surprised that you can't get cheepo Chinese knockoffs though. I
would have thought it would would be well worth the time. I presume that
these lamps have patents on them or something.

--

.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ http://www.shallowsea.com ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`