VivienB

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:57:38 +0100, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

VivienB wrote:

I am concerned that the door is kept as light as possible, principally
for ease of use. Also I think metal would look somewhat institutional.
OK in a public building, but not in the domestic situation.

The aesthetic decision can only be yours; but a thin sheet of brass is
what I fitted to a couple of doors at home, in this case to withstand
the depradations of a puppy. Still looks OK to my eyes.

Brass is not what I had in mind - I guess it would look pretty good.

As my father already finds the unadorned door OK, but not easy, to
open by reversing his wheelchair against it, I am very concerned to
add the minimum weight with the protection. I have posted elsewhere in
the thread that I have now found some clear thin polystyrene.

-
Regards, VivienB