Stefek Zaba

Gel wrote:
http://www.iee.org/forums/forum/

Yes, that's a *very* informative forum to follow. For me, it's
interesting to dip into, and my dips have led me to the conclusion that
knowledgeable and competent electricians (a) exist, and (b) account for
a minority of those posting at that forum. Few of the enquiries are at
the 'dear Lord, you *cannot* be unsure of *that*, can you!? Tell me
you're not Qualified and Practicing!", but quite a few are surprisingly
naive.

Of course, it's hard to know how representative of the Trade the posters
are - on the one hand, they're posting to clear up their own
uncertainties, which is (a) a Good Thing, and (b) would account for an
overrepresentation of the uncertain. On the other hand, it does make you
wonder about all those who don't even *know* they don't know (shades of
Mr Rumsfeld here!)

Stefek