Stefek Zaba

VivienB wrote:

I am concerned that the door is kept as light as possible, principally
for ease of use. Also I think metal would look somewhat institutional.
OK in a public building, but not in the domestic situation.

The aesthetic decision can only be yours; but a thin sheet of brass is
what I fitted to a couple of doors at home, in this case to withstand
the depradations of a puppy. Still looks OK to my eyes.

As for the puppy, it's grown into a more or less well behaved dog :-)
but not before it scratched up the door surround :-( Stefek 1,
Sodnmurphy 1, Sodnmurphy win on penalties...