Andy Dingley

On 12 May 2005 13:08:13 -0700, "
wrote:

I have heard that wood disks can be dried without splitting, if its
done very very slowly over a couple of years.

I've heard that Elvis is still alive and serving chips, but that doesn't
make it true.

You have two choices here. One is to make some disks and spend a few
years drying them very carefully indeed. Come back in about 10 years and
tell us how you got on. The second is to listen to the explanations, or
if you don't believe the peanut gallery here (not entirely unwise!) go
look it up for yourself in Hoadley or the Forest Products guide.

There's no _need_ for you to listen to or believe anything you read
here. But equally there's no need for you to ever learn anything. That's
not our problem.