Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message
IIRC the type of wood will make a difference as to the result of the

actual
cut. If you test on a different wood the results may come out

differently.

All maple from the same pile, same length of time in the shop, cut on the
same day (I always cut test pieces of the required width when I'm batch
cutting the sides and ends).

And before someone jumps in with non-concentricity of the router bit, I
always keep the router handles (an old 690) parallel to the long axis of the
jig and the Porter Cable label facing me ... an old ingrained habit ... so
that is not the cause either.

I thought maybe the bit had slipped, but that was easy to check with my test
cut board and was not the case.

All the jig fingers were tight, all the pieces put in the jig snuggly
against the stops, nothing changed but the orientation of the fingers, and
that was dead on 1/2" in both cases, as I always check it from each side of
the Leigh to rule out the parallax that you can get when you set it from the
front.

I am, as you know, a pretty careful fellow and don't fall into too many
traps, but like I said, this one's a mystery to me.

BTW, I recently made the most accurate crosscut sled I've ever made ... that
SOB is DEAD on SQUARE out to 13"! .. and I used it to trim the drawer sides.
Maybe it is too damn precise?? g

.... and FWIW, those end panels you cut for me look great! Thanks again,
Leon.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/06/05