BigWallop

"mike. buckley" wrote in message
k...
Hi,

I'm midway through laying my patio, and due to my cack handedness with
using a hammer and chisel to cut the slabs, I need an angle grinder to
cut around half a dozen slabs that will fit round the dwarf wall of my
conservatory. Can the regulars suggest the cheapest way of doing this? I
don't currently have an angle grinder, and would like to go for a cheap
as chips model (with diamond wheel) so I won't care too much if it dies
straight after the job.

Only problem is the slabs are real stone, and the thickness varies
between 20mm and 35mm.

Any suggestions for something that will do the job that I can pick up
from one of the sheds?

Thanks

Mike Buckley

If you aren't going to use the grinder again in the very near future, then
why not hire one for a weekend. Much cheaper, and all you really buy are
the stone cutting wheels, for which most hire shops will take back the ones
you didn't use. Always take two more than you think you'll need, but with
only half a dozen slabs to cut, you'll probably only need three at most.

Hire the big 9 inch grinder, or the actual slab cutter thingy, to be sure
you'll get the nice clean finish you need.