AlexW

David Lang wrote:
Hi Alex

I am looking for a 10" table saw, spec as follows:

o Decent quality/results, given price limits.
o Table around 650mm by 450mm (or more).
o Rip fence clamping to both sides of the table, not just T-square type.
o Mitre fence with protractor.
o Stand option pref'd
o Router insert would be a nice to have.
o Dust extract port.
o 230v

Budget is "around" £100-£150

I have seen the following models:

SIP 07817 - but where to buy?
Charnwoord W610 - v. sim to SIP really.
Clarke CTS10PLM - more expensive & no router insert I think?

I have the Charnwood W615 table saw which has an induction motor, rather
than a brush motor - much longer lasting & more wellie under load. Cast
aluminium table, two way dust extraction, stand available (& good). No
router insert - I have a table anyway.

Rip fence clamps back & front, but I did have trouble with mine not clamping
square and coming 'unclamped'. I have to say that Charnwoods after sales
service is first class. Talked me through the problem, suggested several
adjustments & when they didn't fix the problem, they sent me a brand new
complete rip fence free. Definitely would deal with them again.

Thing I like is that it's easy to remove & replace the throat plate and
thence the splitter & guard, so you can cut groves, dados, tennons etc. I
did change the blade that came with it.

I'm well pleased with it given the price and very impressed by the company.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I had another look at the W615 and I do like it, however, did you have
to pay extra for the extensions shown in the brochure?

Also, I was thinking I might buy a second set of extensions (later) to
put the router in (just to avoid making a table/slide assy really, still
have to knock up a fence). Are the extensions amenable to a bit of
drilling etc ... or is this a non-starter?

Cheers,

Alex.