dadiOH

Need to edge band some plywood. Would like to use solid wood and am
looking at the router bits to do it.

MLCS has 2 styles. One is a v-groove that I have seen several outfits
offer and the other adds a tongue & groove to the v-groove.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...thtml/pages/bt
_ogee.html#edge_banding_anchor

Has anyone used these bits and have an opinion?

I've never seen any advantage to them as opposed to just glueing on a
strip of hardwood.

Any other alternative suggestions?

Depends on how wide/thick you want the banding. If you just want to
cover the ply edge, rip hardwood into strips maybe 1/16 thick, paint one
side with white PVC glue, let it dry and iron them on with a hot iron.

Thickness up to about 1/8 is OK but the thicker they are the harder it
is to trim flush. For thin ones, a coarse file at a slight angle to the
ply works well.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...