Unquestionably Confused

Upscale wrote:
"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

know how they manage it, but you can walk in there and ask a fresh faced,
new HS grad if they've got a 7mm Ratrafratz Bolt and get told to go to
aisle 4, 2nd cabinet on the left, 3rd row, 2nd drawer from the left - and
*find* it right where they told you to look! Also the kind of place where
you can walk in with a problem you don't know how to solve and walk out
with a solution and the materials to do the job.

There aren't too many places like that around anymore, but I do have to
concede that the Home Depot I go to has many older employees and most of
them have the experience with stuff to be able to help me out when I'm
having a problem. The greatest difficulty that I experience is getting them
to understand what I want to buy.

The problem is that all the posters are right, at least some of the
time. Oft times the person you talk to at HD or elsewhere hasn't a clue
and other times you might just as well be talking to the person who
invented the "left-handed framistan" you happen to be looking for.

The problem is you NEVER KNOW which one you've drawn that day.

It's kind of like those old logic puzzles that begin...

"You talk to two guards. One never lies and one will never speak the
truth. How..."

If you don't know the answer yourself you'll likely walk out of there
with a nice new MAPP gas torch so you can fix the gas tank on your
lawnmowerg