Alex H. Sallwey

I have one of these benders. I have only used it on black pipe and it bends
well. With mine I have to use it sitting vertically, or just somewhat
tilted, but could not use it laying flat. Not sure why, but no hydraulic
pressure. This is only a problem when bending long pipes, I was putting a
couple of bends in a 2" x 21' pipe. Sitting vertically I could only make a
few inches of bend before the ends touched the ground. You will be doing
shorter lengths so you probably won't encounter the problem I had.

"V8TR4" wrote in message
I am considering doing a go kart kit. I actually want to build a kit, even
though I can probably be better off buying it already made. I want the joy
of building it myself. I am looking at some plans that use 1.5" and 2"

..090
wall mild steel round tube. I will need to be able to do some basic

bending
to these tubes. What are some cheap ways of doing this. I was considering

conduit bender. The kind you get from home depot for 30 bucks or so. Would
that work for a one time project not needing too many bends?

Harborfreight has some pipe benders,and I know that means 2" is not 2",

but
is there some way to use one of these seemingly cool hydraulic pipe

bendres
they sell?

this will be a one time deal, so I'm not looking for anything

professional,
but I'm looking for any suggestions.

Thanks