Jose

Just an aside...

I have installed a ground rod and wire to solve the problem of
grounding via waterpipes but I just read in fine homebuilding mag of a
person who stated that galvanic action was so important you should not
use galvanized hangers of any type with copper spouts (I have copper
spouts)
...and brought up the statement of a 'nomenclature or hierarchy of
metals which should be used in conjunction with each other to avoid
galvanic action and it set me to thinking on the bit of galvanized main
line I have and the connections to my copper lines as well

Thanks for the info and link..
I will hit the link provided

Joe

PS: The union for the new direct vent water heater I intend to install
doesnt have dielectric properties but merely a transition of metals
within itself --strange I thought as that would only exacerbate the
problem I would think unless the particular metal plating was of a
particular order of metals
that was related to that "hierarchy" I read of
-
confused but willing to learn