Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
doozer writes:

Ok, so not quite everyone thinks that I am mad which is a good thing. I
have checked out the manual and no joy on a voltage. Can anyone tell
what it might be from a couple of pictures?

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/images/bulb/complete.jpg
http://www.crazysquirrel.com/images/bulb/label.jpg

I have tried switching the PJ on without a bulb, BTW, and no joy. It
just tries to start the non-existent bulb three times and then gives up.

I don't know what sort of lamp this is, but if it's a short
arc HID tube, it is started with a very high voltage pulse
(many 10's of kV) which is a safety risk. Also the bulb itself
is pressurised even when cold and will not just break, but
will explode if dropped or scratched, and you should be
wearing eye protection whilst handling it. If you damage it
in handling, it can also explode later when running (at even
higher pressure).

--
Andrew Gabriel