Scotty

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:45:42 -0600, Scotty wrote:

snip
Also, any comments good or bad as to sliding tables in general...

snip

Thanks so much to all of you who responded. I have decided to
forego the sliding table, and spend the money on more saw.

I will use the saw mainly for low-volume furniture production,
and of course some hobby use. I have used sleds in the past,
but I was thinking that the smoothness of a good, and heavy
sliding table would be really nice. What convinced me otherwise
was the fact that most of them are quite far away away from the
blade, and are expensive. I can buy a better saw or more
necessary accessories for the amount of money I'd spend on a
sliding table.

It was all of your comments here that got me really looking
critically at them. Thanks again.

Scotty