Mark Cooper

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 May 2005 21:03:06 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

I was minding my own business some weeks ago, when I saw this nifty
cheap belt-sander by Black & Decker.

Never buy "nifty" tools.

Sorry, but no sympathy here.

B&D make crap. You know this.

They're a shop, not a rental place. Now in my book, '30 days and return
for "I don't like this"' is pretty generous anyway. But there's no other
way to know if the thing is any good, so I guess that's their cost
downside against the upside of having a self-service warehouse instead
of a shop with real staff.

But the rules are pretty plain. _30_days_. A whole month. You don't
need that long to work out if the thing is tolerably "fit for purpose",
you can do that in an afternoon. So for a returns policy that's already
pretty generous, you're just taking the **** here.

Ever heard of a guarantee of merchantability?

If not, read-up on it. By the looks of your ****y post, you have a lot to
learn.