VivienB

On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:09:37 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

If you want PVCu, you can buy panels of the stuff from Wickes etc.
Normally intended for lining window reveals etc. I think they do one
about 6" deep (0.25" thick) which might suit?

It needs to be deeper than that - 400mm or 500mm - as it seems to be
the hub of the wheel of the wheelchair that is doing the damage. I
shall try asking what the local Wickes/Jewsons can offer along these
lines.

Or what about thin sheet metal? Cheapest would be to go round to an
engineering works or steel stockholder and flutter your eyelashes a bit;
but if you don't fancy that the big B&Qs sell it in various sizes, at a
premium.

I am concerned that the door is kept as light as possible, principally
for ease of use. Also I think metal would look somewhat institutional.
OK in a public building, but not in the domestic situation.

-
Regards, VivienB