Guy Dawson

Lobster wrote:
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

So, you're really asking about the sale of goods act etc., so why
didn't the subject line reflect this, or are you really just using the
opportunity to slag off Screwfix - again ?

A little rich coming from the man who's apparently incapable of clicking
the send button without slagging someone off. Oh, did it again I see.

First, yes I was asking about the Sale of Goods Act;

The Sale of Goods act and any supplier guarantee are not related. That's
why you see all the 'does not affect your statuatory rights' signs and
labels.

I deliberately
chose the subject I did because of its relevance to this ng, and because
I wanted a reply from this ng (a) because I rate the feedback from its
members far more than most others and (b) because as I mentioned, it was
folks in this ng who had spoken of a 12-month guarantee restarting with
the supply of a replacement item.

A 12 month gurantee sounds like something a retailer would offer over
and above your statuatory rights. I can't see any sensible retailer
resetting the clock on the gurantee every time a faulty unnit was
replaced under gurantee. If they did you could claim every 11 months.

Guy
Guy Dawson @ SMTP - // ICBM - 6.15.16W 57.12.23N 986M
4.45.4 4.45.4 4.45.4 The Reality Check's in the Post! 4.45.4 4.45.4