Ed Sirett

On Wed, 11 May 2005 16:25:52 +0100, Edwin Spector wrote:

I'll know shortly if my gas valve/operator is the cause of my boiler not firing
up. It's on an old Baxi Bermuda 551. The boiler pilot light is lit.

Q1: If the valve's ok, and it's just the operator that's died, can I replace it
without disturbing the gas path? (Put another way, does removing the operator
let the gas out?)

Q2: How to set the adjuster after remove/replace?

I did a quick Ohms test on the thermostat:
Off = open circuit.
On = about 1 Ohm (regardless of setting).

I'll check if power's getting to the valve.

The valve used is a multifunction unit.
It comprise the thermocouple valve, pilot supply, solenoid valve and
gas pressure regulator. The operating solenoid is integral with the whole
valve.

After the main valve (likely £50-100) is replaced you would adjust the
pilot flame and set the burner pressure to that indicated on the rating
plate then confirm that the gas rate is 90-105% of the intended rate.