Lobster

VivienB wrote:
We are improving access to our downstairs toilet for my father, who
uses a wheelchair. This has included a double-swing door, so he can
push it away from him whichever direction he needs to go through. We
have found (before the painting was finished!) that this results in
marks on the door from the wheel of the wheelchair nearest the hinge
side. We have read about PVCu kickplates supplied by a firm in Leeds,
but these are rather expensive at £36 each, plus £20 carriage.

Can anyone suggest a readily-available alternative?

If you want PVCu, you can buy panels of the stuff from Wickes etc.
Normally intended for lining window reveals etc. I think they do one
about 6" deep (0.25" thick) which might suit?

Or what about thin sheet metal? Cheapest would be to go round to an
engineering works or steel stockholder and flutter your eyelashes a bit;
but if you don't fancy that the big B&Qs sell it in various sizes, at a
premium.

David