Lobster

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

So, you're really asking about the sale of goods act etc., so why
didn't the subject line reflect this, or are you really just using the
opportunity to slag off Screwfix - again ?

A little rich coming from the man who's apparently incapable of clicking
the send button without slagging someone off. Oh, did it again I see.

First, yes I was asking about the Sale of Goods Act; I deliberately
chose the subject I did because of its relevance to this ng, and because
I wanted a reply from this ng (a) because I rate the feedback from its
members far more than most others and (b) because as I mentioned, it was
folks in this ng who had spoken of a 12-month guarantee restarting with
the supply of a replacement item.

I'll bet if I'd posted with your suggested subject line, you'd have
whinged it was OT for this group...

Finally, who's slagging off Screwfix anyway[1]? My post was simply an
unemotional, factual report of a phone conversation I had with them; no
criticism implied or intended. I specifically included full details
because I thought the nature of the item purchasd might well have some
bearing on people's opinions.

David

[1] If I'd wanted to do that I would have posted about last week's phone
call to Screwfix, which was to discuss a delivery which included a
5-litre can of bitumen paint, which had burst open and liberally covered
the rest of the contents of the parcel as a consequence of there being
no packaging material at all inside. But I didn't.