Lee

BigWallop wrote:
"t60" wrote in message

You can buy PTFE tape marked as suitable for gas. However, I was
told by a corgi registered plumber that it should not be used for
gas! They reckoned you should use gas jointing paste only. Any
views on this?

t60

I've heard of PTFE being used on copper compresion fittings, and
joint paste on malleable iron fittings, so I think both are
acceptable in their own ways. Joint paste is the way to go though,
but only if you know you're applying it properly.

PTFE for gas is acceptable for pipework upto 2" and can be used on pipework
upto 4" if checked with manufacturer on lower pressure gas (21mb). We use
it all the time on pipe upto 2" but then use hemp/paste on larger diameter
pipework.

Lee

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-1, 10/05/2005
Tested on: 11/05/2005 18:51:25