BigWallop

"doozer" wrote in message
As someone who has worked with optics for projectors, I can tell you

snipped

I think there might have been a slight misunderstanding as well. I
wasn't intending to just stick a low voltage halogen into the hole
occupied by the PJ bulb as I realise that wouldn't be even close to good
enough and wouldn't work anyway. I was thinking more like a dozen in an
internally mirrored and forced air cooled box that sits under the
projector with a mirror array to take the light into the PJ. Surely that
would be bright enough!

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/images/bulb/complete.jpg
http://www.crazysquirrel.com/images/bulb/label.jpg

And bloody hot enough as well. Forced air cooled? You'd need to dip the
fans in a bath of cooling oil to keep them from melting, mate. :-)