BigWallop

"doozer" wrote in message
What voltage does the lamp take? I know the projector needs

something like
a 250 watt UHP lamp, but you don't give a voltage, which would help. I

know
of a few places that will sell you lamps of that wattage, and a whole

lot
cheaper than the price you quote in your post, but I need to find out

which
voltage is needed to compare their prices for you.

They will deliver directly to your door as well.

If you get a lamp of the same brightness and focus quality, then it

might
just be a case of adapting the little housing that holds the lamp in

place
on the projector.

Ok, so not quite everyone thinks that I am mad which is a good thing. I
have checked out the manual and no joy on a voltage. Can anyone tell
what it might be from a couple of pictures?

http://www.crazysquirrel.com/images/bulb/complete.jpg
http://www.crazysquirrel.com/images/bulb/label.jpg

I have tried switching the PJ on without a bulb, BTW, and no joy. It
just tries to start the non-existent bulb three times and then gives up.

Thanks.

It looks like it is a 12 or 24 volts lamp, but I couldn't be that sure which
to say it is from the pictures.

Try contacting these people
http://www.wedgwood-group.com/slide_...ries_lamps.htm for more
help on this, and as Tim has said, ask if they do the lamp separately from
the holder.

These people are always helpful and give the best advice on these types of
things.