Unquestionably Confused

on 5/11/2005 4:41 PM Robatoy said the following:
In article
A friend of mine supplies 5 HD stores with Corian. They make him jump
through hoops. Sometimes they are totally unreasonable. He cannot
template a job unless the cabinets are in. HD controls the sub who is
doing the installation of those cabinets. My friend's contract states
that he must deliver within 21 days after the order is confirmed.
Sometimes that leaves him 1 or 2 days to template, fabricate and install
a countertop. Sometimes he gets penalized for being late. Rules are
rules, right?

They try to pull that same crap with their customers as well. Tried to
buy a full kitchen's worth of cabinets on a complete makeover. First
had to deal with their "cabinet counselor" or whatever, couldn't just
get anyone to take the order although I'd already measured, obtained
their stocking numbers, etc.

Okay, no biggie, I'm back the next night and lo and behold their
"cabinet counselor" is some 60+ little old lady who honestly was
clueless. Couldn't operate the computer used to generate the order so
we swapped places and I filled in the order myself. Asked her one
simple question about a double door cabinet detail that wasn't clear
from anything they had in the books, on the computer, etc. Said she'd
have to call the factory and get back to me. Okay, let's write this upd!

Oh, you can't just buy them like that. You have to have one of our
people come out and measure your kitchen.

Adios, HD A**holes! Enough!

Talked to my Corian guy who put me in touch with his cabinet jobber.
Ordered them by FAX and was good to go in about ten days. Price was
better than HD for the same product as well.

HD = 7-11 If you gotta have it right now and you know what you need
it's the place to go when nothing else is available. Otherwise...
APBHD! Any Place But Home Depot.