Edwin Pawlowski

"Robatoy" wrote in message news:design-

One would think that in this day and age they had done that for me at
the end of the assembly line. Basic quality control is not a new idea. I
have reason to believe that a new tool will work. No? I know B&D is not
high-end, but it should at least do the job it is supposed to do, no?
You can't tell me that outright garbage is okay for the other customers
who have NOT had the exposure to quality gear?

No, garbage is not OK. It may have been just fine at the factory and been
damaged in transit or droipped in the store. I don't know and neither does
anyone else. Could have been rough seas on the way from China.

I'm approaching this from their viewpoint. Those kind of rules are
guide-lines. Those 'rules' are not like a road-sign for State Troopers
to hide behind looking for their quota. " Excuse me sir, does that sign
say SPEED LIMIT 56?"

Turns out that is a moot point as their advertised policy states 90 days.
http://tinyurl.com/co38p

Since the policy is 90 days, they should accommodate you. A store as large
as HD just can't have people at the bottom end interpreting policy. It
could make one hell of a mess. I think tose rules are pretty much roles,
not just guidlines.

*I*, on the other
hand, expect to be treated a bit more like I treat MY customers....
maybe that's my mistake, but I will never compromise that.

That is why I'd probably hire you as my contractor. When your company
reaches $100 million in sales, you'll have to rely more on the written
policy and interpretation of that policy by your underlings. I hope you can
still maintain the level of service.

I'm glad you did get a resolution though.