WillR

Hey Robatoy:

Calm down. I am a contractor here in Texas, and with few alternatives,
I have to shop at HD for a lot of my every day stuff. Liquid nails,
paint, sealer, a few boards here and there, plumbing, etc.

I used to scream like a mashed cat when I would go through what you
have, but the reality of it all is something you have already hit on.

They HONESTLY don't care. Shame on you for not checking out a POS like
B&D the first chance you got, but I DO understand that you buy
something like that and it does take a while for you to get it to the
job and try it, and a few more days to get by the store to return it.

They are a giant corporation. One size has to fit all. All rules must
be obseved the same for all shapes, sizes, sexes, races, etc. for fear
or litigation. Or worse, to have some asst. manager nitwit start
"interpreting" the rules as he or she sees fit.

You have to realize the nature of the beast you are dealing with.
They are what they are. They are a giant corporation moving units
through the system. They could be selling farm implements for all they
care.

You must have an entirely different type of HD up there in CA. Why in
the world did you think they gave a crap in the first place?

I have read many of your posts and don't believe that you still believe
in the Easter bunny or Santa , so why the big orange box fairy?

Don't shop there. I don't unless I am trapped into it. They are not
worth getting my blood pressure on boil because they are too stupid in
most cases to even know that they should care.

As a CONTRACTOR (read: constant, repeat, daily business) I am on your
side. As a realist, I think you are taking this much to personally.
After 24 years in business I will not boycott a supplier that could
save me time (= money) when they are so unconscious they simply don't
even notice, and wouldn't care if they did.

Robert

I find myself agreeing with you and Robatoy....

Maybe Robatoy should just look for an opportunity to return the favour.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek