MC

Well, The house was one of the ones several years ago before Georgia got
stricter on builders that was the run of the mill redneck built, anyone with
a hammer was building houses, only needed to have a business permit and some
may not have had that. Everything done about as cheap as it could have been
and they called it custom built ?

About half of the ductwork was a flex type with a plastic covering that
completely disintegrated in most places and the insulation is starting to
come undone despite my attempt to rewrap and tape into place.

I am adding another room on, The Furnace/AC needs replacing so I am just
getting advice on how the new unit should be installed, I have done some
HVAC work in the past but not much on the duct work part.

Thanks for the info, any additional comments welcomed.

MC

wrote in message
one of my rentals was like that. when i put central ac in, i had to
stack 2 feet of insulation around the intake up there to get it to cool
the house.also 2 power vents . ill say one thing for the setup, its
quieter than the intake in the wall.. lucas