Eric and Megan Swope

Thanks Colbyt. For the small gap I leave between the wood body of the shed,
and the concrete ramp, should I then fill in that gap with a polyurethane
sealant and cement backer rod, or something like that or is that where the
mastic expansion joint comes in? How much of a gap are we talking 1/2 inch?
Thanks.

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
You are correct in that it was a typo. 4 feet wide, 2 deep, 2 long. It

is
for a shed, not a foundation for a house. The shed is raised on concrete
pillars, so it is above the ground. The floor of the shed is actually 2

1/2
feet off the ground, there is no concrete foundation, so I would actually
have to build a back to the form so the concrete still doesn't spill.
And
the concrete will be meeting up against wood, so would the mastic still

work
for the joint, or do I know need to use something else.
Thanks.

Yes you need to leave a small gap between the concrete and the wood so
the
moisture over time will not rot the wood. This fiber stuff can be removed
after a short period of time with some effort. The longer it goes the
easier
it gets. You could also use several layers of cardboard for a faster rot
out
time.

That still seems steep to me and sounds like a lot of concrete. You might
consider framing a 3 sided box using blocks or landscape stones stair
stepping it down the ramp angle. Then filling the inside with gravel
creating a ramp and only pouring the top 4" or so. If you used road fill
(DGA) you really would not need concrete. That stuff packs down tight.

Good luck with your project.

Colbyt