AutoTracer

A little foam here and there is no problem but don't get carried away. If
you insulate too much of the underside of your roof deck you could have ice
thaw related problems like ice damming because these areas will be at
different temperatures than the rest of the roof and the attic airspace.

You would loose a little headroom but you could put sheets of thin plywood
or pegboard from rafter to rafter and maintain full airflow over the
underside of the roof deck.

..
wrote in message
On 3 May 2005 11:43:29 -0700, "Milwaukee Tom"

wrote:

Gurus:

I had a new roof installed after tearing off the old one. The nail
points are protruding (nearly 1/4") through the underside of the deck,
in the attic. That could be a safety issue in areas that we use for
storage. I sure wouldn't want to come up between the rafters and slice
open my head on a sharp nail!

If I wanted to remedy the situation in some high-traffic areas, would
it be possble to cut the points off with some sort of snips, or do you
have a better idea?

Hit them with a shot of expanding foam or press a sheet of 1/2 inch

styrofoam
onto the nails.