Lee

BigWallop wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message

Thanks. I should have added that the intention is to try to give a good
flat surface for tiling to a poorly rendered (sand and cement) internal
brick wall.

How thick would the plaster have to be? A layer of 9 mm plasterboard glued
to the bad render, then skimmed over with finish, wouldn't take that long to
dry out enough to tile on top of. It would also give a nice flat surface,
and make the tiling easier to do.

If I knock off the high spots and fill the missing chunks then I could
probably get away with 10mm or so, but the main problem is that the room
cannot be out of use for too long...
Making the tiling easier and looking nice is the main object of course

Is tiled plasterboard reasonably water resistant if stuck to a solid
wall? One wall will have a bath/shower against it, so it will get splashed.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.