BigWallop

"Lee" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:

Are you fixing to the timber studs, or
directly on to plasterbaord?

Thanks. I should have added that the intention is to try to give a good
flat surface for tiling to a poorly rendered (sand and cement) internal
brick wall.
I suppose I should really get it skimmed, but it would take too long to
dry in the thickess it would need, and it's likely to get splashed so I
didn't fancy plasterboard...

Lee

How thick would the plaster have to be? A layer of 9 mm plasterboard glued
to the bad render, then skimmed over with finish, wouldn't take that long to
dry out enough to tile on top of. It would also give a nice flat surface,
and make the tiling easier to do.